Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wednesday 5th January 2010 Diary

*Food*
9:00 Banana and strawberry smoothie with LSA mixed in
11:30 4 Corn thins with butter and Vegemite
1:30 Flapjacks made with carrot, potato, broccoli stalks, onion, garlic and chilli, eggs, olive oil, lemon dressing
7:00 Was full from big lunch so had home made Rocky Road muffins and a glass of milk (yes, I am deliberately vague about the portion size)

So, I entered exactly what I ate, portions etc in Calorie King (thanks Twisted Soul for the reminder about this site) and nearly fell-over. I went way over the calories. I am not eating like I am on a diet though as I am just trying to get some nutrition into my body and stop the daily junk food super-binge at this point, but it really is far too many calories. Calorie King also tells me that 51% of my calories are from fat?!?!!! On the one hand I think it overstated the muffins as I put in some commercial brand and mine would have had far less fat and sugar. However I have learnt:

  • My smoothie is 482 calories! I will now use half a banana as a whole banana is 200 calories, replace 1/3 of the milk with half a cup of water
  • I will live with the fact that LSA is very high calorie. Its about getting the right nutrition not just losing fat so I'm keeping the Linseed, Sunflower Seed, Almond mix!
  • I ate too many flapjacks. Vegetables still have calories.
This was grated and fried into flapjacks, minus the corn as it wasn't needed. I ate the flapjacks too quick to photograph.
*Exercise*
20 mins walk, intended to do more but it rained alot.

I am going to stay motivated and do more. I might have thought I was doing OK if I didn't lay it out on this blog and see that I need to do better. Its so funny how the mind plays little tricks and you just cruise along thinking all is well.

I am returning to work for my last 2 weeks, in a few days, and am REALLY feeling the anxiety.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you eat a lot of vegetables and that you are focusing on real food. I don't think that calories from the veggies are the problem. The fats you are eating are the good fats, too. I am a big fan of real food, so to me it looks like you ate really well. :)

    ReplyDelete