Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 1 Diary

Consider this day 1 of my year of investing in myself, as I have now finished up at work.
I ate very well today, as shown in the following photos. I concentrated on normal portion sizes. I would usually eat bigger portions and feel very full at the end of each meal. I did not feel full after any meal today, it will take some work to shrink my stomach size and get used to eating less. I was so hungry all afternoon!


Breakky #1 Pineapple and passionfruit


Breakky #2 Egg on Rye with spinach, mushroom, zucchini & green chilli


Lunch: Peri Peri Chicken thigh, lettuce & onion

Dinner: Sweet potato and chickpea curry with Jasmine rice
Dinner was put together from the freezer. Click here to see the making of the curry.

Snacks: 6 almonds, pepitas, fresh pineapple,1 candycane and still hungry so will have a bananna smoothie with LSA.



Everything was entered into Calorie King in reasonably exact measures. The lowest calorie meal was lunch at 162 cals and the danger item is the banana smoothie at 360 cals.
Calories
Set Nutritional Targets
You have used 1549 out of your net daily budget of 1740 calories and have 191 calories remaining. 33% of the calories are from fat, 18% from protein, 50% from carbs and 0% from alcohol.



2 comments:

  1. Mmm, those meals look yummy!
    Perhaps try having 6 smallish meals plus snacks. Spreads it out a bit and your body should feel fuller for longer.
    How's your water intake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input. I think I might try having 2 smaller lunches as it is just too long between the traditional 3 meals. Honestly though, I eat alot, so there is going to be some pain as I have to eat less ;(
    My water intake is great. That has never been a problem for me I love the stuff. I don't drink coffee and occasionally drink tea. I did/do have quite the Pepsi max habit but that was always at work so I just don't drink it now I am at home.

    ReplyDelete