Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sunday 2nd January 2011 Diary

*Food*
Morning: Bananna and Berry homemade smoothie
Lunch: Fish and Chips
Chocolate mints
Dinner: Fish and Chips

* Exercise*
30 mins walk on beach, 3509 steps, 1.92km, 208cal
90 mins moving all potplants, sweeping courtyard, sweeping cobwebs from all outside

I was going to make a curry for lunch but had no onion so drove to the shops to get one (silly really) and had left it quite late and was quite hungry so I ordered fish and chips from the local fish shop. It was quite a massive single serve so I put half in the fridge and reheated it for dinner.

I bought the fish and chips because I thought I deserved it and wanted to reward myself for my hard work in the garden, doing jobs I had long avoided. That made me think why do I think (as many people do) that it is a reward to buy bad food full of saturated fats and waste $8.50 when I was 2 blocks from home?! It is not a reward, it is a punishment that keeps me in the same place, fat and poor! I am sure that smarter people have worked this out already. BAD FOOD IS NOT A REWARD!

Oh and I had plenty of hot water still so I am going to turn it off every second night and see if that cuts some $ off the electricity bill.

1 comment:

  1. If you ask me, no food should be a reward. Good, bad it doesn't matter. A nice hot bath or an extra hour of rest and relaxation, now that's my idea of a reward.

    Anyway, it happened, you learned your lesson, it's all good now.

    Good job on all the activities! Well done!

    ReplyDelete