Sunday, January 16, 2011

I enjoy Cooking and Freezing Food


Well its the weekend and it has been a full-on week. As expected. The QLD floods are just terrible, we are used to some other place in the world having such tragedies. No point whining as the point of this diary is to be "brighter" about things as well as losing weight and living cheaply. Brighter side is 1 more week of hellish work left. Brighter side is though I am behind in my study and haven't done a big essay that is nearly due, I can empower myself and just start it and stop robbing myself of success. Also I am happy because I realised I can apply for a one week extension.

I bought approximately 70 bananas at 99c/kg because apparently they will skyrocket in price because of the floods. I froze them for my smoothies by peeling them and stacking in 4 big containers and put in the bottom of my chest freezer. I then donated $30 to the flood victims which is the minimum I will save on bananas. Measly amount of money to donate, I know!!
Freezing bananas

Did a bit of cooking therapy on Saturday. I wanted carbs so I made spicy spaghetti.
The ingredients. The green chilli, red chilli and garlic is what makes it spicy

Fry it up

Added tomato paste and ricotta
The avocado makes it taste so creamy and luxurious

There was 3-4 serves so into the freezer for weeknight dinners. When you freeze alot like I do you can line a container with a bag and once it has started to freeze, remove the container.

Now the container can be used again and again instead and the food is less bulky in the freezer,
I have really been enjoying mineral water with three ice-cubes of frozen fruit blend that I made
 as seen in this post 
very sweet and delicious

That's about it. Eaten a fair bit of junk food at work and on the way home so not weighing myself!!


No comments:

Post a Comment