Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday 13th February Food

 I had  a late breakfast post-workout: a smoothie of 1.5 cups light milk, 6 boysenberries, half frozen banana and two spoons of oats. I have modified my smoothies by only using half a banana and adding in the oats instead. It works out good, varies the nutrition. The main reason though is the cost of banana's.


Lunch: Frozen fish with a very zesty large salad with heaps of peppermint and coriander from the garden, greens, capsicum, grapes, a dash of balsamic, avocado oil and lemon. This salad was so very tasty, a real winner.

I have been craving pizza so badly and after thinking all day about what I could do with this lovely round pumpkin, I came up with the idea of making mini pizzas on pumpkin bases.


I kept the skin on, sprayed a bit of olive oil and cooked on a pizza stone for about 15 mins.


These are the topping ingredients ready to go. The off-the bone ham scraps are so useful. I have a container of them in the freezer and chip off a bit whenever I want to add a ham/bacon flavour to dishes. We got this one reduced several times and my Mum sliced it up to share.


Dinner: Pumpkin pizza!


mmmm... cheese. Part of my thriftyness is to buy full fat products and use half the amount I used to use with low-fat products. My whole adult life I have eaten low fat dairy at home. I am loving the taste of full fat, it is so much nicer and because of that you really can use so much less the the low fat variety. Particularly cheese. Why pay more for a watered down or skimmed product. I tried mixing full fat milk with water to make my own skim milk but you have to be very disciplined.


The skin on was good as it went crispy. the pumpkin was perfectly cooked and held together.

No comments:

Post a Comment