Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bargain milk to freeze

The things I will do for a bargain! I found this milk for 29c, that is 94% off. It had one more day before expiry. So in the spirit of Joan, who is on the simple savings forum, I brought this sucker home and put it into ice-cube trays etc. and put it into the chest freezer. Ofcourse it has to be frozen in small amounts as when it defrosts it could go off quickly because it was so close to expiry.


 Because it is full cream organic milk when I take out little portions I will put it in the little jug you can see at the back of this photo and mix it with some water. I already do this so that is why i have my little milk jug.


All put in a bigger container for the freezer so they don't get lost. I haven't tried this before but Joan would probably pop the cubes out of their trays when they are frozen so the trays can keep being re-used. I might need to do this as I have all my trays full of blended fruit an now milk.


So if you don't hear from me again, I have died of food poising from my risky use of old milk! But what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 29cents! That is a bargain :) Aslong as it smelt and tasted ok when you brought it and you use it as soon as it's defrosted, i can't see you having a problem with it. You may find it's already watery when defrosted. Enjoy your bargain :)
    Oh, it's good to see you back on the blogging path :)
    ~SJ~

    ReplyDelete