Sunday, April 10, 2011

8 Week Challenge Day 4 - Saturday

It has been a very good 4 days so I decided to photo-blog day 4.


A.M. 1 peice of Burgen Rye, 1 egg, 2 Swiss Brown mushrooms, 1 kiwifruit, 1 cup of tea


Lunch: Well I got distracted and didn't eat my usual early lunch and I was starving! So I went to my emergency meal. I actually planned this a couple of weeks ago for when I was dying for superquick takeaway- to just make this. It takes 4 minutes and totals 400 calories. I don't want to use it too often as it is processed. all foreign ingredients and high in sodium. But I don't really care because it's a very satisfying answer to food that could be alot worse. The idea came because last year I discovered Trident 3 minute laksa noodles and after eating heaps of them I looked at the calories - 1200! Yes one packet, looks just like 2 minute noodles, was 1200 calories, what you should eat in a whole day!!! I think it is because the noodles are fried, it has sachet of powdered coconut cream and a sachet of chilli oil. So I looked for alternatives and found this Tom Yum soup with rice noodles in the soup section for 200 calories. It is very very tasty and has a hot chilli sachet, I have never used more then half of it and it is a spicy chilli soup. Then I thought hey I could just throw in some frozen ingredients and presto a meal to rival most Asian takeaways.
So anyway Lunch was Tom Yum rice noodle soup (200cal) with a spinach portion and 8 spinach and prawn dumplings (200 cal) heated in the microwave.






Afternoon Snack: 2x 2cm pieces of licorice (how weird American spell check does not recognise this word? Do they have licorice in USA?) and 1 kiwifruit.


Dinner: Waldorf Salad (2 celery stalks, 1/2 apple, a few walnuts, dressed with 1/4 lemon and a smidge of mayo) small tuna tin. Followed an hour later by 2 spoons of sultanas, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
Some dieters may think I have too many fats in by diet but I have decided it is the one nutrient I am not willing to give up as I am very concerned about my skin and hair issues and I am finishing uni so I need healthy brain function. I take a multi vitamin and alternate taking magnesium, vitamin B, chromium and fish oil so that I take each a couple of times a week.

Exercise:
A.M. Walked 5.42km/55mins/burnt 471 cals around streets.
P.M.75 mins of BL DVD - consisting of
                       5 mins Warm up
                       20 mins Boot Camp
                       20 mins Sculpt with weights
                       20 mins Low Impact                       10 mins Stretch routine

I think I burnt the same calories in exercise as I ate. I would guess at my weight and how hard I worked - I would have burnt about 800 calories in the P.M. so about 1271 calories for the day.

My cat usually ignores me and just continues sleeping when I am working out but today she kept curling around me and when I was doing floor work she was smooching and jumping on me.   Then she just fell over and fell asleep in this position while I sweated and puffed profusely.

So I'm going well. I jumped on the scales and it reads 107 kg so I think I have lost 2 kg this week. My metabolism is alive finally after months of working towards this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment