Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What to do with mouldy pumpkin and 2 dead capsicums

Well the festive season has seen me at family events and the produce in fridge wasting away. So I thought I better cook dinner using the vegetables closest to the end of their life, that was some mouldy butternut pumpkin and two red capsicums with bruised skin (they look so healthy in the photo's but trust me they weren't). I had no particular dinner in mind but thought I could stuff the capsicums with turkey mince. The pumpkin worked surprisingly well and soaked up lots of the yummy juices. I am finding I can make alot of things from my imagination and it comes out quite tasty when herbs, onion, garlic, ginger etc. are used.
Ingredients: turkey mince, Hoisin sauce, pumpkin, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, mint, red capsicums
Cooked pumpkin in microwave, stir-fried all ingredients, stuffed and baked capsicums for 10 mins

Yummy...Added some salad and will reheat no. 2 for lunch tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I like your blog! Congrats on being able to quit your job in 2011 and work on you!!! I'm a big fan of using all the herbs and you can never use too much garlic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hi, your my first comment. So unexpected I didn't even know that I had one.
    I know, how good are herbs?! The last few years I have able to grow my own which is just fantastic. I am trying to dry the excess herbs now.

    ReplyDelete